Protection Warrior talents, abilities, and glyphs as of Patch 4.0.1. My warrior as an average item level of about 254 with 4 piece T10. You can see my current prot talent tree below. This spec is just the spec i thought would be ideal at the time. Mastery rating for a protection warrior is excellent as it gives block rating and critical block rating.
Protection Warrior Talent Tree 4.0.1
Protection Warrior Stats 4.0.1
With minimal reforging on my ICC gear I was able to get near 26,000 armor, 32% block, 19% parry, and 23% dodge. I have ran a few 5mans with my current stats and it seems as if I am having problems with threat. Not sure if its something that I am missing or what but I’m sure ill get it worked out one of these days. Unbuffed im at around 44,000 HP. I reforged some of my parry rating to mastery rating which I personally find more beneficial.
Protection Warrior Glyphs
Prime Glyphs 1. Glyph of Shield Slam – Increases the damage of your Shield Slam by 10%
2. Glyph of Revenge – Increases the damage of Revenge by 10%
3. Glyph of Devastate – Increases the critical strike chance of Devastate by 5%
1. Glyph of Heroic Throw – Your Heroic Throw applies a stack of Sunder Armor.
2. Glyph of Thunder Clap – Increases the radius of your Thunder Clap by 2 yards
3. Glyph of Sunder Armor – Your Sunder Armor affects and additional nearby target
Minor Glyphs 1. Glyph of Berserker Rage – Your Berserker Rage generates 5 rage when used
2. Glyph of Command – Increases the duration by 2 minutes and area of affect by 50% of your Commanding Shout
3. Glyph of Battle – Increases the duration by 2 minutes and area of affect by 50% of your Battle Shout
Protection Warrior Talent Info
Right off the bat I noticed a new talent point called Blood and Thunder. When you Thunder Clap a target affected by your Rend, you have a 100% chance to affect all targets with Rend. I thought this would be a nice upgrade in AOE threat but it doesn’t seem to help to much. I do also hate the fact that Cleave is now on a 3 second cooldown but its not to bad. I personally think the talent point Impending Victory is pretty nice. This talent allows you to use Victory Rush that heals you for 5% of your health. This can only be triggered from using Devastate on a target at or below 20% health.
Thanks for reading!
Kyle Hahn has written 25 post in this blog.
Please comment on my posts if you find the information helpful to you.